- We have a few huckleberry plants on our front hillside. That makes my heart happy since I was secretly wanting to buy a few plants to grow so the girls could pick the berries.
- My chickens consider me a 'alpha' chicken and show me by 'squatting' when I approach them. It's also a sign they are about to start laying - which makes sense because two out of my four girls have just given me their first eggs.
- Sometimes when you are anticipating something really awesome that you plan on doing the Lord has other plans. I've been looking forward to doing something for a while and all day I've had a feeling I shouldn't do it. I've pushed it aside long enough to know it's not going away. And I know it's the spirit telling me to rethink. So I've rethought and decided that it's not what I need to do. Disappointed I have to change plans but grateful to the Lord for being persistent even when I didn't listen at first.
- Sometimes a job is miserable and you wonder everyday why you do it. One simple message of 'hey, you did a great job' and a 'thank you' can change your day, week, or month...I'm grateful for small messages of appreciation.
- Doing something for someone that they have been dreaming about for a long time is more gratifying than any gift received.
Saturday, August 11, 2012
what I've learned today
It's late and I'm tired and my anxiety is hovering at medium high. It's making me reflective. Here's my bullet list of things I'm thinking about:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow. I left one comment, and by the time I through the gauntlet of signing in, etc, I lost it. But in the meantime, I did learn how to clear cookies from two browsers. I had almost 200!! Oh, my goodness! Now I'm all clean. OKAY! SO! I really wanted to say that I'm so glad you listen to the promptings you get. I suppose we've both lived long enough to know we'll regret ignoring those warnings, even if they seem to go against our "bright ideas." I'm also glad you get joy out of those simple things around us. As they say, 'the little things really are the big things." Love you.
Post a Comment