Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Summer Fun

This weekend Joel, Sarah, Allison and I took a trip down south to Olympia and spent some time at the Hartley family bay cabin. We don't how long we'll have the cabin before it either crumbles into the bay or gets sold so we were excited to have a relaxing day on the beach. Sarah loves the cabin and it brings back some awesome memories for me so we were even more stoked when the sun came out and the clouds were burned off so we could actually play outside. We got a few pictures but some of the highlights include:
Naming one of a pair of seagulls who wanted to hang out (they are ALWAYS in front of the cabin!) His name is now dinosaur, thank you Sarah.
Sarah fished for the first time and had one little fishy chase her lure. She was thrilled!
Joel fished for the millionth time I'm sure and became frustrated VERY quickly at the lack of quality fishing gear at the cabin...next time we'll have to bring our own.
I layed out on the cabin porch and soaked up some delightful rays for the first time this summer.
We managed to take a family photo, well several, but some one was always looking away or had a wierd face - so this is the best of the mediocre photos! :)

















4 comments:

Debbie said...

Those are some WAY good pics! How fun to be able to spend time at the cabin!

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute, cute!

Cousin Lissa said...

Oh my gosh. I loved the bay cabin. I remember one time when all the cousins slept on the porch and we went to the goodwill to shop with Aunt Tine and bought funny clothes to go bowling in. That was a great time. The Butler Family will have to make it up there one of these years for the reunion :)
-Lissa

mamaseversike said...

Those are so cute! It feels like our summer is gone. :( I hope not. I like to wear skirts to school for at least a month before the rains come and I have to wear the same warm weather gear over and over and over... I like looking back at the pictures with sunshine in them!