- We're scheduled to get our big, overbearing hemlock tree cut down next week. Yes, that means our ghetto fabulous tree swing will no longer exist, but it also means a possible picnic table made out of the stump as well as a new chance for a cleaner, brighter and happier lawn.
- Sarah seems to be learning from Joel and I in so many ways. The other morning I was tickling her and she kept saying 'no! no!' and I kept up...then she rolled off the bed, looked me straight in the eye and said, "Do you want a flick? You are NOT listening!" Sometimes on the rare occasion when she's doing something totally out of line, I'll give her a gentle flick on the hand or leg to get her attention...apparently it made an impact.
- I've been walking almost every morning with a new friend of mine. It's nice because she has a little boy just three weeks older than Allison and she lives right down the road. We walk almost two miles nearly every day. It's been really fun having a new friend and being motivated to get out walking almost everyday.
- Joel's grandma knitted Allison and Sarah matching blankets when Allison was born. Sarah's is smaller and came with a small little duck stuffed animal. It's her new baby. She carries it everywhere and panics when she can't find it or when it falls down. Her new baby cries, eats, sleeps, cuddles, and she takes care of it all the time. It's just about the cutest thing ever.
- This morning on our walk, Sarah spent a good five minutes singing "I Am a Child of God." It made me melt and I thought, I could five more kiddos if this is what I get!!
My sweet lil' Alli is crying for food or love or something...so I'll close this for now, but hopefully I will be more motivated to update other aspects of my life soon.
3 comments:
I can just see sarah saying "do you want a FLICK?!!!" that's histerical. I'm glad I get to hear about it. :)
I love what they catch on to! You do have such a sweet girl, can't wait to see them in a week or so! love ya
"Do you want a flick?" caused me to go into a hysterical laughing/coughing fit. It's so funny because of Sarah's soft, quiet demeanor (well, around me anyway). On the rare occasions Joel needed a "flick" I called it a "thump", as in, "Do I need to thump you?" Amazing what endures.
Post a Comment