I told you I had more to say! This is all about me. Two weeks ago our ward boundaries changed and I was excited that my CTR class would be split and I'd have some new kiddos to teach. After meeting with the Bishopric I was asked to leave my calling as a Primary teacher and was offered a calling as First Counselor in the Primary Presidency. I was thrilled! I've been oogling the roles of the presidency for a few months and I suppose that was the spirit preparing me for what was to come. I am so excited to serve with some wonderful women!
And then for my latest personal joy (besides my family of course) is the efforts I've been putting into myself lately. Since June I've been taking an active role in what I eat, why I eat, when I eat, and how much exercise I'm getting. It's been fantastic. Okay, I wasn't going to say it but I'll tell you the whole story. This is, afterall, the Internet. Mom offered to pay for the first month of Weight Watchers for Jaimee and I so that we could all work together to lose the extra weight we no longer liked having. I was skeptical. I thought WW was for old women who let themselves go. I almost didn't even go to the meeting. Joel was apprehensive but tried to be supportive. He watched Sarah for the first meeting for me and I was able to go and be focused. It felt weird and I was intimidated but I gave it a try the next day. I was stunned by how much food I could eat! I wasn't starving. It was awesome. So weeks slowly went by and I lost more and more weight. To date I've lost 35+ pounds since June and 60+ pounds since Allison was born. I know...it blows me away too.
It sounds like I'm in a commercial but it's not really about Weight Watchers - it's about me. It's about for the first time in my life that I feel like I'm truly doing something fantastic for my body, my family, my mind, and my future. Day after day I'm in service of my children and my husband and I love it. But it is so fulfilling to work on myself, do something for myself, and succeed! I've always battled my weight and struggled with exercising and I know that will never stop. But now I feel like I can manage it with all the tools I've learned over the last few months. I'm about 5 pounds away from my original goal but about 10-15 pounds away from my "dream" goal. When I reach it I just might share it as a symbol of my accomplishment. This is the first time in my life that I actually weigh LESS than what it says on my driver's license and that is a good feeling.
9 comments:
sounds fabulous! I'll have to have a talk with you after I have this baby so I can loose these pregnancy pounds plus the ones from my last pregnancy!
I put my response in your email just cause I guess I wanted to say some private things but congrats beautiful!
This is very interesting! Joni is now primary president, Jennis is in the presidency in her ward, and now you! What does it mean, do you suppose? Congratulations, there is much growth awaiting you. Primary presidencies require a lot of filling in for teachers at the last minute. There are so many of them! And the blessings will follow as fulfill your calling. You'll be absolutely fabulous. I am SO proud of your other accomplishments as well! You HAVE to take time to keep that pitcher in good shape, filling it with good things, or you'll have nothing to pour out on others. Love you!
WHAT THE HECK?! I just got a "listen to the numbers and type what you hear" insted of a visual word verification. When I clicked on it there was a lot of background gobbley-gook noise; static and a bunch of voices, and one Asian voice saying, "zero, six, four, four, four,...." " wonse agan, thos''zero, seex, fo, fo, ..." SUPER WEIRD! That happen to anyone else?(This post just asks me to type 'gnogi" easy!)
Wow, Jenna girl "you're the meaning in my life, you're my ins pa raaa aation!" I'm so proud of you and I'm happy that you made time for YOU. I think it's really important to have YOU time... and YOU deserve it. Good luck, you are so close! Kiss your family for me, like twice or three times... heck go a little crazy and hug em for me too would ya? I sure love having you as a sister.
(ps. mom, that's so dang funny!)My verification word is Russian I think, "ostszxfy"
I love you friend and am so proud of you!
JENNA - that is a HUGE accomplishment. I'm so proud of you! Keep it up. It is so important to take time for yourself and keep your own goals insight.
Way to learn the tools and figure out what works for YOU! You are amazing. I can't wait to see you in a week or two. I'm so proud of you and Joel, I'm always impressed by the great team you are and the way you support one another. Success is the ultimate motivation, keep it up girl! you ROCK!!!
Way to go Cousin Jenna! It's hard being a mom and trying to put yourself first.
Post a Comment