Friday, December 4, 2009

"This is Terrible!!"

Oh what a week it has been. Well it's been a lot longer than that since I posted and I have no excuse. I've been really sick this week with a terrible sore throat and the achies and the whole flu-bug bit. In order to combat the ever-present aches and pains I've been taking Ibuprofen. I didn't realize that the amount I was taking was a bit too much for my tummy/body to handle. I called the nurse at my Doctor's office today and she recommended I go in to the urgent care center immediately to try a different course of action. So I woke Sarah up from her nap and we piled in the car. Sarah has also come down with the same flu buggy but came down with it yesterday so it's not quite as terrible yet. She was miserable on the way to the doctor though so I stopped and got her a milkshake at a local coffee stand.

When we got to the doctors she just layed on the examining table, covered by her blanket. She kept saying, "I'm tired, Mom. I'll just sleep here." After our examination and the conclusion we just have a terrible bug (probably not the swine flu since Sarah has been vaccinated and probably not the typical flu since I got a vaccination for THAT) and not strep throat, we went on our way. As soon as we got into the car this is what Sarah said,

"Mom, my barfies want to come out!"

Oh no. I told her in a very certain voice, "Sarah, you will have to tell your barfies that they cannot come out in the car, they will have to wait until we get home." We tried talking about different things but Sarah was obviously uncomfortable. I figured she just had a sore throat that felt like she couldn't swallow. When we got home I told her we'd go into the bathroom and she could tell her barfies to come out. She didn't take her hand off her mouth.

As soon as we stepped out of the car (after a 10+ minute car ride) she let the barfies out. Totally too much information for you readers, but this is my little girl. She is amazing. What three year old holds that in for a car ride and then finally let's go? After she was calming down I said to her, "Sarah, this is awesome. I can't believe you made it the whole way home. You are amazing! This is great!" To which she replies:

"Mom! This is NOT great!! This is TERRIBLE!!"

As soon as we got home she went straight to her room and said, "I'm going to bed, turn on my heater and my music. I'm going to sleep." And she did. Bless her sick little heart. She's a trooper.

4 comments:

Zach said...

I'm sorry that you guys are feeling icky, but that was cute story about the barfies. She is a strong-willed girl!

Dave n' Kristi said...

I hope everyone feels better soon. It wasn't a funny story, but Sarah's comment about it NOT being great did make me laugh!

mamaseversike said...

Oh, what a sweetie. That's what Joel was like too. Don't you just love them all the more for how hard they try? Feel better, everyone. I'm saying as sincere a prayer as a granny can that Sarah and her momma will feel better tomorrow.

Jennis said...

she's makes me want to cry with her mature ability to care for others. her story telling is just like yours. so sweet and genuine. :)