Monday, June 28, 2010

Holding myself accountable

Alright - last week was a bust since there was so much going on - I admit I fell off the budget bandwagon but I think I might have made BETTER choices than I might have had I not been conscious of the budget.

Meal plan for this week:

Monday - Fried Rice
Tuesday - Fajitas (using leftover rice from previous night as a filler)
Wednesday - Chicken Salad Sandwiches (using homemade rolls)
Thursday - Sweet and Sour Meatballs (homemade meatballs or chopped chicken breasts)
Friday - Corndog Muffins
Saturday - 3rd July BBQ (need to bring a dessert)
Sunday - 4th of July BBQ

My shopping list is minimal because I have the ingredients for just about everything on the list. Mostly I will be shopping for fruit and veggies for snacking and diapers for Alli. For Saturday I'll need to bring a dessert for our potluck bbq.

Once again, I will keep y'all posted on my progress....

And for those of your wondering - MY MARATHON WAS AWESOME!! Okay, it was only a half marathon but I think I am addicted already. I am totally ready for the next one! Okay, maybe with a few more months of training. I like the idea of being able to improve my time from here.

3 comments:

Debbie S. said...

Hi Jenna,
Your menu reminded me of Yankee Franks and Noodles-- a childhood favorite. Basically hot dogs, pasta and tomato soup. It seemed fancier than it was. *smile*

Zach said...

Jenna you are an inspiration to us all, keep up the great work!

mamaseversike said...

You rock, girl!