Monday, July 20, 2009

A Reflection

I'm not sure how this has happened or if this is common in other places but it seems that I've have been especially affected by tragedy in the last 10 years when it comes to classmates and death. My sister and I were surprised and devastated to learn this morning of yet another lost life that we were once familiar with. When I was 15 or 16 one of my sister's good friends was shot and killed in Seattle. From that point forward I can think of more than 10-15 deaths that have been tragic and sadly unnecessary. I was 17 when I experienced first-hand the loss of a good friend to suicide. And since then more than several more suicides, one especially painful still, have occured to those who graduated from my high school.

Sometimes the length of our stay here on earth is cut short and sometimes we were never meant to stay very long. I just take comfort that Heavenly Father has a plan for us, regardless of what we do or say. The plan is in motion and the love that he has for us is not based on what we believe or what we've done with our lives. He loves us all the same. Just like I could never stop loving my babies, I just pray they make good choices. For those who took their own lives I can only hope that the pain they endured on earth does not continue to haunt them. And for those whose lives were taken away I pray that their families and friends will open their hearts to the love Heavenly Father has for them and take comfort in his amazing plan of happiness.

1 comment:

mamaseversike said...

It's a hard, hard thing to try to come to grips with. We just can't know what was in their heads and hearts, thank goodness it's not ours to judge. I always wish someone could help them realize there must be a better solution! That there's an answer, just wait another minute! I'm sorry for them, and for those left behind to try to deal with the loss. :(