I suppose I didn't realize how long it'd been since I posted until this weekend but then I was too busy and tired to even think about updating so here goes an attempt at capturing a few important bits of the last week and a half.
Thursday night we enjoyed a fantastic evening of dinner and games at our friends' Kristi and Dave's house. Their kiddos are Sarah's age so they had a blast also. When we got home I had a raging headache and could barely open my eyes. I thought it was another migraine until my fever spiked to 101 degrees. After a terrible night of chills and sweats and throbbing aches and pains I went to the doctor and found out I had mastitis. If you've ever had it - you are a survivor to say the least. It was, simply put, at least 10 times worse than any flu I've ever had plus my chest hurt more than words could explain. So I spent all day Friday laying on the couch taking vicodin, ibuprofen, and antibiotics.
Sunday was Allison's baby blessing so Saturday Joel and I spent every waking minute cleaning up the house inside and out. I was exhausted but the effort was worth it. Sunday was so wonderful and I was finally able to relax. :) I love having family up to visit us because it's such a rarity. We enjoyed a small brunch and enjoyed the nice sunny day.
After everyone left on Sunday, Joel and I spent a few hours napping (I know, we are so blessed!). Joel probably napped more than I because most of the time my hand was hanging over the bed bouncing Alli's bouncy-chair so she'd stay snoozing. A little while after waking up and eating sandwiches, Joel and I took the girls out for a small road trip across the Hood Canal Bridge. We visited Fort Flagler which is on Marrowstone Island. It was super fun to get out and explore and we got a few cute pictures. The camera is in the car but I will upload a few soon.
Yesterday was a more sad note in my life. My kitty Hayley, whom we've had since before we moved up to Washington, was declining in health pretty fast so we decided it was best to put her down. I didn't cry until they brought her in and I stayed with her while they euthanized her. She was 16 years old and such a sweet girl but her bladder control was going and she was starting to show signs of seizures. We'll miss her dearly but I know that she's not suffering anymore.
So that's a long-short update on the past week. I'll try to be more interesting in the future, but for now I'm still exhausted from the weekend! :D
4 comments:
Congratulations on the blessing! I didn't know it was happening this weekend. I can't wait to see pictures.
Sorry about the Kitty...I know how hard that is. I was the last to say goodbye to my dog before she was put down. My thoughts are with you.
Miss you guys!
I'm hoping you're fully recovered now, and life can get back to "boring". This was actually the most quiet day I've had since school got out, I loved it. I dug around in the yard and cleaned my bathroom, doesn't sound like much but it was very satisfying. And I'm catching up on the blogs, that's a good day!! Thanks for posting, I love to know what's happening up north.
I'm sorry we missed the Blessing, I really wish we could have made it up there. Mastitis is yucky, Hope you feel better. Love you all, amanda
You threw a very lovely brunch and I am always excited to see what has happened at your house since we visited last, you guys are great entertainers, I only wish we were closer so we play together more often. Love ya.
Post a Comment