Wednesday, November 7, 2012

deep breath

I woke up this morning to clothes needing to be folded, dirty toilets, dirty dishes, the sounds of my children playing gleefully at 6am, my amazing husband snoring quietly next to me...I woke up to normal.  The world hadn't ended.  Bombs didn't go off.  The economy was the same as it was when I went to sleep last night.  I simply woke up.  I said my prayers.  I went downstairs and made breakfast.  It's what I do.  Nothing is going to change my family or my focus. 

I rejoined the Y (can't seem to kick that membership - keeps me sane) and worked out HARD for an hour.  My girls were good listeners.  Sarah had a terrible tummy ache before school and we talked about her staying home from school.  We watched Bubble Guppies at my parents house.  We got a few treats out of a vending machine.  We went to school.  We napped.  We cleaned.  We made dinner.  We went to the library.  We stopped by a few friend's houses.  We read for 30 minutes.  We went to bed. 

I am hopeful.  We are doing what we are supposed to be doing.  We are faithful.  We are strong.  We are responsible.  We are a family.  We will make this new direction work for us.  We will find strength where we were lacking.  We will find hope where there is none.  We will find purpose where there is inaction.  We will remain steadfast and I will not waiver in my knowledge that we have been promised rich blessing. 

No comments: