That is so true on many levels. when Christ Said ' ..they draw near to me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me...' shows that people could say one thing and not truly mean it. When we are expressing love to others, it means more to show them you love them by our actions rather than just words.
Jenna this scripture came in handy for me today. I had a meeting with my bishop and at the end he wanted to share a scripture, but the one he had ready to share was one he used last week. His scripture was in Revelations and as I was flipping pages to get to the spot he was at, my book opened to 1 John 3:18. I read it and shared the feelings about it that I wrote up there. It felt god to be a little extra prepared with a scripture without even knowing it. thank you for sharing it with us in the first place!
3 comments:
That is so true on many levels. when Christ Said ' ..they draw near to me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me...' shows that people could say one thing and not truly mean it. When we are expressing love to others, it means more to show them you love them by our actions rather than just words.
amen
Jenna this scripture came in handy for me today. I had a meeting with my bishop and at the end he wanted to share a scripture, but the one he had ready to share was one he used last week. His scripture was in Revelations and as I was flipping pages to get to the spot he was at, my book opened to 1 John 3:18. I read it and shared the feelings about it that I wrote up there. It felt god to be a little extra prepared with a scripture without even knowing it. thank you for sharing it with us in the first place!
Post a Comment