Saturday, April 25, 2009

Sharing Time

I've been contemplating what to do for Sharing Time since I received the master schedule in January. I really struggle with finding interesting ways to entertain the kiddos while also trying to teach them necessary lessons about the gospel. I know it doesn't always have to be entertaining but I find it impossible to try and teach my class without adding some sort of activity which involves them doing something with their little 5 year old hands. They are wonderful kids and each one has a heart of gold. I do love them and enjoy teaching them.
Sharing time involves getting them to participate and help me out while also catering to the needs of a few older and younger kids. This week I've been blessed to be able to pass my lesson off to my teaching partner so that I can focus mainly on Sharing Time. I've come up with a lesson about the steps to becoming a member of the Church. We've spent the last four or more weeks focusing on each step so I figured it would be a good place to start. I came up with composing a flower on the board with each step and all the little details needed to accomplish those steps or other little pieces of the step. I'm not usually an artsy person so I was pretty happy with the final result. I'm hoping it goes smoothly. Part of me hopes my water breaks during sacrament meeting but I don't think that's going to happen. :)


(On the pregnancy front, my braxton hicks contractions are growing in frequency and strength. The baby has definitely dropped and the anxiousness to meet this little one is increasing everyday. Most likely he/she will be late just like Sarah, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed this one isn't nearly as stubborn as his/her older sister.) :D

1 comment:

mamaseversike said...

Put this in an envelope and don't lose it! You can use it again for family home evening, and other lessons from sunbeams to laurels. Just vary the pace and interaction based on the age of the participants. Very, very cute!! Keep me posted on the haps! muuaahhh!