Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Success in Sharing Time

Well, Sunday proved to be a successful endeavor in keeping the kiddos involved and interested. I am pretty sure I was sweating profusely the whole time and my face was probably red and blotchy but that's the beauty of keeping the attention on little construction paper bits instead of on yourself! :) The kids enjoyed it and I got a number of compliments on the idea and execution. It was great. I think everyone got the idea of what I wanted to share and that's the most important part.

On other home front issues, I had my 37 week doctor's appointment today. I was hoping she would check to see if I had dialated at all but it would take my water breaking in order for that to happen I think. :) This weekend has been full of contractions and aches and pains. Which normally would be a bummer but I thoroughly enjoy every bit of it as it means I'm getting closer.

I tested positive for Group B Strep which is apparently very common for women and nothing to get all worked up about but what it does mean is that I need to have IV antibiotics atleast 4 hours before the actual delivery of this new little one. Without the antibiotics the wee one's chances increase of getting a pretty serious infection. I'm a little nervous about it but my mom and doctor assure me it's totally normal and nothing to worry about. So, I'll just be making sure I get over on the ferry as soon as labor is apparent in starting.

Joel got started in prepping the hillside for our retaining wall. I think we're going to do it in sections. The area behind the garage is pretty much all ready for the rock so we might be ordering some this week or next for Joel to start on. It's very exciting! I'll post pictures as soon as I get some!

That's the latest and greatest in our lives.

2 comments:

mamaseversike said...

So what hospital is it you're going to? Do I need to drive up to kingston and take the ferry over or is it okay to drive up I-5 somewhere? (kidding) Tell me again the true and actual due date? And is the 2nd Sunday in May out of the question, or within an hour going north from here? And do I need to mail little bittie's blankie? And are you just too, too excited!? And are you telling his and her names?

Zach said...

you re so awesome Jenna! I am so impressed that you keep plugging along with everything even though you are so close to your due date! Keep up the great work!