Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Is It My Cooking?

The past three days Joel and I have been the lucky recipients of some fantastic meals brought in by friends in the ward. The first night was a delicious chicken in white sauce served over rice with steamed carrots. Sarah doesn't like carrots. She doesn't like cooked carrots. But she ate these carrots like they were candy. She gobbled the chicken and rice. Normally she doesn't like the texture of chicken OR rice. The second night we got a tasty potato/bean tomato stew with a little ground beef. It was delicious. Sarah ate it all up. Tonight? Tonight was egg noodles with a chicken/broccoli/cheese casserole served over top. Sarah had three helpings of broccoli and ate every last noodle. She has never eaten so well in all her life. For her lunch she even scarfed down the leftover stew served over the leftover rice!!

What am I doing wrong?! Apparently I'm going to have to hit up all my friends for their recipes. I'm also tempted to ask for all the dessert recipes. Tonight we were given homemade Oreo cookies. Pretty much the best thing ever. Joel will kill me if I get that recipe because I will never lose the baby weight and will probably gain back even more! :)

3 comments:

Jennis said...

darn kids who eat other people's food better than ours!!! :) that's good you have been taken care of. Love ya.

Zach said...

Kids are weird! Callie all but refuses to eat food when I'm the one to give it to her, but eats readily when Debbie is sitting there to encourage her, even if I was still the one who cooked it!

mamaseversike said...

Aren't kids funny!? Sometimes it's just a change, I guess. I especially loved it when my kids ate something for somebody else that they gagged on when I tried to feed it to them. I too am glad you're being pampered a bit. Love ya.