Thursday, May 7, 2009
Sarah's New Place
The other night we went to our friend's house for dinner and they had a few yard toys to give to us for Sarah. I'm always hesitant to accept toys from friends only because we don't actually own 10 acres to house it all. Fortunately, these toys are going to be super fun for Sarah and Joel was totally supportive of taking the items. I was excited to see that they were all in good shape and things Sarah would actually use. We took home a little Playskool House, a police car ride-around toy, and a plastic slide that's in excellent shape. The house was the biggest and bulkiest item that I was most concerned about but frankly I don't know why I even worry. Joel has created a new home for it AND found a use for the huge pile of dirt he dug out from the hillside last week. Sarah did sustain one injury during the ordeal but she recovered quickly. She will however be sporting a sweet bruise on her noggin for a few days.
The house comes complete with a front porch area, a retaining wall, and custom concrete steps. Sarah had to go to bed before the house and 'landscaping' was complete so she'll be stoked to see the fantastic work her Daddy did for her. Take a look...the pictures are dark which is weird because there was still plenty of light. But hopefully you get the gist. The house is in our backyard which is even more fun because it will help when we're actually building our retaining wall back there.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Love it! I wish I could play in it with her!
That is so sweet! Tell Joel he's the dad every child deserves. I am so so so so so so proud of him, and you, too. You guys are amazing. A daddy loving his family this much; I think that's probably the best Mother's Day present you could ask for, don't you think?
you must repeat this is the Tommy Boy voice. Tthhaaat...iissss...aaa aawweeesssooommmmmmmmmmme.
Post a Comment