I went in for my 39 week check-up yesterday and got the news I'd been expecting. Everything is progressing nicely, except my body is just not ready to have the baby. Grrr! I bake my babies too effectively I suppose. My doctor is pretty stingy on inducing labor for any reason other than it being medically necessary, so my hope for a Thursday induction was in vain. I had a faint glimmer of hope for Thursday because my doctor will be going on vacation during my due date week and I hoped she'd sneak me in since I've had a previously healthy tot. No such luck. Grumble, grumble, grumble...
The only positive is that I AM dilated to 2cm so my body hasn't completely forgotten about the 6+ pound body hanging out inside, but other than that, all indications that labor is going to happen are slim to none. That's okay, I've got a mean case of the sniffles and could use a few more nights of rest. Both Jaimee and Lucas are hoping the baby is born on Friday since that would work with both of their schedules nicely. Ours too, since Joel's birthday is Saturday and I don't know if he wants to share! :)
6 comments:
Do you realize you're talking literally HOURS now? How cool is that?(my word verification is 'bingster', isn't that a good word? Perhaps a Bing Crosby fan? Maybe a bing cherry lover?)
I am hoping that everything continues to work out they way it should. Just think how wonderful of a home you have made for your baby in there that it doesn't want to come out yet! That is pretty awesome to me (a nonmother) that you can do such amazing things for your baby without technically meeting it yet. Miss you guys!
Yippee! baby #2 is on it's way. Didn't you read the recipe for babies Jenna? It said bake until golden brown... your little one just needs a bit more time to bake! I love you all!!!!!!!
-Cousin Lissa
At the time of this comment, Baby Alissa is already here! YAY!! Her middle name could be Lafawnda or maybe... Muerte^ I'm glad evrything went well and both mother and daughter are doing fine. Talk to you again soon!
Well, Allison, Alissa, they're both pretty. But Lafawnda; while that made me laugh, I don't think that's the image we're aiming for.(Though I'm suddenly in the mood for a dang kay-sa-dilla)
hahahahah... I love my family. Your comments are making me giggle.
i'm way late on reading all of this so I am off to read the delivery post. wahoo. I have been telling the kids about their new cousin. taylor is really excited to meet her! :)
Post a Comment