Life is seeming to be full these days but I couldn't really tell you all that is keeping me so busy. We are just plugging along doing as much as we can without overwhelming ourselves. Joel is back to work and I am getting used to having TWO kiddos and not just one. The hardest part of having two children for me so far? Making sure Sarah doesn't feel like I've abandoned her. It seems she's growing up at the same time and doesn't seem to need me as much so I'm feeling rejected in some ways while she is feeling rejected in other ways. We're still trying to work out where exactly we stand with each other now but each day we seem to be making progress.
But what really takes some getting used to is how different Allison is from Sarah. Sarah was a 'feed me then put me down' kinda kiddo. She didn't want to snuggle or cuddle or be loved on even as a wee one. If she wasn't awake or eating she'd prefer to lay on her own in her bed or on the couch. This little Allison of mine? She's a CUDDLER! I remember wanting a basketball prego tummy this time around and I got that...I wanted a cuddler...I got that too. Allison would just love to be held all the time if she could. It's endearing for sure but can be frustrating when I need to be doing other things...like updating a blog perhaps? :) Right now she is cuddled up on my chest and the laptop is balanced on my legs. We're making it work.
Sarah was inconsolable when she cried which was frustrating for both Joel and I. Allison, thankfully, can be consoled by simply picking her up and cuddling her, walking with her, or rocking her. It's nice that Joel can help out with her as it takes quite a load off my shoulders when dinner needs to be made or in tonight's case - I wanted to mow the lawn.
The sleep deprivation will definitely not be something that I can get used to anytime soon. I am exhausted all day but it's so worth it. Sarah is so fun to watch grow and her conversational language seems to grow in leaps and bounds each day. Allison already seems to be growing out of control also. She's gaining weight and growing really well. I know time will fly even faster with this little one and that's something I'll never get used-to either.
6 comments:
Have you tried a baby sling (such as http://www.greenpeadesigns.com/, where I got mine). I'm pretty sure they sell them everywhere (like your favorite store, Target :). It's a way for Allison to feel cuddled, but your hands are free to get other stuff done, and while she's this little, you won't have trouble with her being too heavy. It was nice with Alex, and he would actually sleep in the sling a lot.
Thanks Jillena! I actually got a SleepyWrap which Allison just LOVES. I took Sarah to the park yesterday and had Allison in it while I picked Sarah up, pushed her in a swing and pretty much had free reign on my body and arms. It was awesome! I just hate to wear it all day long, but it may just come to that eventually! :)
Pretty soon a baby on your hip starts to feel like how you were born. I still rock my milk at Safeway, don't suppose that will change! :) I still turn my head in a store when I hear, "Mom!" even knowing it isn't me. A kid got bumped into at Fred Meyer and started crying-hard- his mother was an airhead. "Are you okay?" Yeah- does he sound like he's okay? I wanted to pick him up sooo bad. Oh well, occupational hazard, I guess. Glad to hear things are going so well. We miss you to bits. Love, mama
I would like to make a request. More pictures! I wanna see how big everyone is getting. I wanna see the girls together! I can't wait!
I second the picture comment! Get those cute girls on the blog!
Love,
Cousin Lissa
glad to hear your human and tired like the rest of us cause I read up on you and you sound like you have all the answers to everything, smarty. You have a great balance and Sarah is so bright, I'm happy to hear you got your cuddler. Taylor is proof that not all babies are created equal. not better or worse just different. they are their own spirits aren't they?? Hhaa. love ya.
Post a Comment