Joel made a frame for a water table a while back with Sarah that was just sitting there so Sarah and I decided it would work fantastic as a holder for our tomato plant containers. We got the mower out and mowed underneath the porch and under the frame and then raised it using some border bricks. I think it looks great and we'll no longer be creating homes for gross swarming bugs of grossness. YUCK!
We've also had a raspberry and strawberry explosion! We picked our first four strawberries today - they could have waited another day or two but they were delicious anyway! I'm so excited to harvest those sweet jewels of goodness. It's something Joel, Sarah, and I have been waiting for all year long. Joel's eyes light up whenever he sees new berries appearing. It's a pretty fun family thing we've got going.
5 comments:
Do you know what kind of 'maters they are? At Debbie's house we planted sweet 100's(I call them sweet 1000's)for just popping in your mouth and for salads, Romas for making italian sauces, beefsteaks for sandwiches, and an heirloom variety that is supposed to produce these huge, purplish, globular, deformed-looking things, just for fun. we also got corn onions, peppers, and zucchinis. At my place I didn't plant anything this year, just the strawberries that came back from before. They're huge!
those plants look good! good luck with them! you're gonna be so anti-oxidized, you won't know what to do with yourself!
Thanks Zach! We had some good luck with tomatoes last year too! I can't remember off hand all the kinds but there are golden nuggets, gardeners delights, and oregon somethings. I think most are little tomato versions not big ones. :) We had gardeners delights last year and they were fantastic!!
I got my 'maters from 'manda in pots, too. They are looking so happy that I feel confident I MIGHT actually get a yield this year! Last year they got big and green----and then the rains came and they split and rotted. (ahhhh, sad faces all around)Can't beat homegrown over everything store bought, even the ones they swear are hot-house ripened.Good for you!!(My verification word is 'suboroot', except for the 't' at the end, it's what dad calls the car he drives. Oh, no, not really, I guess, that's a sab-a-roo)
your raspberries are INSANE!! they are crazy! next year they are going to give you lots of raspberry babies. good work gardner lady.
Post a Comment