Friday, June 26, 2009

I Take Federal Offense To That!

After a long day of travel and with two very tired girls in the car I pulled up to our mailbox and opened it (quite possibly one of my favorite things to do) only to find that we had been violated. Some one took our (hopefully) only piece of mail, tore it into little pieces, and put it back in the box. Are you kidding me?! Did I really just find this? I was almost scared to go into the house for fear that some one would be there ransacking our home or possibly find the house already ravaged. Grr...

Whether Joel welds a lock onto the mailbox itself or we invest in a secured mailbox, we will be doing SOMETHING. This is ridiculous. Joel brought up a good point, school's out and kids are bored...but this is a federal offense people! And I almost called the police. I'm going to to talk to the Post Office tomorrow and find out if anyone else has reported anything. Nothing will be done I'm sure but hopefully we can get a flier (Is that really how you spell it?) sent out by the homeowners association or something.

Allison, thankfully, gave me a break (probably sensing it since I was so worked up) and went to sleep with only a few minutes of crying. Also, we're currently waiting on the impending arrival of a hair clip Sarah swallowed last night while I was making dinner, apparently she was just too hungry! :)

2 comments:

Cousin Lissa said...

A hair clip... OUCH!!!!! Feed your child already! Haha! Don't know if Sarah will ever forgive you for sharing that, let alone the story of its exit. Save that one for the baby book :)
Love you all!
-Cousin Lissa

Amanda Lee said...

I can't stand those bored kids! Can't they find anything better to do? Sorry about your mail, I hope it wasn't anything important! Good luck with the hair clippy, make sure she doesn't try to put it back in her hair!