Wednesday, June 3, 2009

White Knuckled Driving

Last night proved to be one of the hardest for both Joel and I as far as dealing with our sweet little Allison. Allison slept ALL DAY yesterday and then decided to finally wake up at 9:30pm. All she wanted to do was nurse and by 11:30 Joel and I were beyond ready for sleep but Allison was just getting started. She screamed...and screamed. Finally by 1 am she was sleeping and Joel and I were totally exhausted. Cut to today:

I bought Sarah a new car seat today in hopes it will make car trips a little more tolerable for all of us. As I was loading her into her old car seat for the ride home she threw a fit and was sobbing. Allison was hot, hungry, and totally ready to be done with being in her seat so SHE started screaming and crying. So there I was, driving along with my two inconsolable children making the most noise possible. I thought I was handling it well, quietly thinking to myself how easy Joel has it each day (I know that's not ENTIRELY true but really at that moment I'd have given $100 to be at 'real' job.)

All of sudden, when I moved my hand off the steering wheel to make a turn I realized that some of my fingers were numb from gripping the wheel so tightly. My fingers were tingly and literally stuck to wheel. Apparently, the quiet response was manifesting itself physically with a white-knuckled driving experience. Sleep is good, for all of us. I'm assigning Sarah to talk to Allison about what being a good sleeper means. Hopefully Allison will listen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow such an experience for you today. I hope Sarah has a good talk with Allison for your sanity sake. Miss you!

Jennis said...

I don't miss the sleepless nights that is for sure, i think child birth pains, and sleeplessness becomes just a foggy memory to us so we will have more children, kind of like a vail over our eyes. we don't really remember HOW tired we were or HOW bad those labor pains got. yeah I feel for ya. hope she gets her days and nights figured out soon. your doing great. just keep swimming....swimming swimming.... :)