Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

As I look back over the last year it's hard to even remember things that have happened. Is that normal? I'm thinking to myself - what exactly DID we do? I suppose each of my days is like a mini-year. At the end day I lay in bed and give thanks to Heavenly Father for the blessings I've experienced and for the wonderful people and things I have. So, not much is different from one day to one year. But for the sake of my blog-audience, I won't be so simplistic.

This year we were able to complete numerous home projects (on OUR house and on other homes) that had been on our lists. Joel remodeled, built, re-built, roofed, demolished, excavated, manufactured, invented, and loved. I cleaned, maintained, balanced, washed, cooked, baked, consoled, taught, and loved. And Sarah - she enjoyed the fruits of our labor and GREW!

I've been privileged to spend yet another year with a man that I truly miss each day when he's at work and look forward to snuggling with at night. I lay in bed the other night as Joel was finishing a movie downstairs and found myself missing him. It was an odd feeling because, really, who misses their husband when he's downstairs? But I took comfort in that feeling that after these three years of marriage I am still totally smitten with him. He still takes my breath away and I still can't imagine where I'd be without him.

Sarah has grown from a giggly obedient one year old to a magnificently stubborn and smart two year old. Her humor surprises me each day. And when she tells Joel, "Awesome, Dad!" after he plows up the driveway in the snow-crawling Jeep, I can't help but wonder what life was ever like without her. Sarah has become her own person with her own set of rules and likes and dislikes.

And this little one inside me? Well, one year ago I was still unsure there would be a little brother or sister for Sarah. And as the year has progressed this little life inside me has gone from something smaller than a poppy seed to a 10 inch long, smiling, kicking, and stretching child. One whom I'm already attached to and can't wait to meet. Joel and I are so blessed to have the chance to be parents one more time around.

Over this year I've managed to maintain my friendship with my very best friend Squirrel. I can't begin to say how much she means to me even though we see each other a little less often than we'd like and we're on two different roads. But if there is one thing I know, Sarah - It's that the wolverine ate my mom. :D

For the sake of your boredom I'll try to simmer this down - but I'm loving my new friendships (Kim!) and all of the amazing memories we make each time we get together! Joel and I have been blessed with amazing family and friends who have been nothing but supportive and loving through out the year. And mostly, I am grateful to Heavenly Father that He has found us worthy of receiving so many wonderful blessings in so many forms. I am grateful for my calling in church and spiritual strength I gain from it.

May this coming year bring blessings and new strength in your lives.

3 comments:

Zach said...

I'm glad you guys are doing so well! I'm happy for you! If there's anything you need let me know!

mamaseversike said...

The Hymn is true, "Time flies on wings of lightening, you cannot call it back..." Rest assured you are doing all the right things with the moments that make up a week, a month, and then a life. I am so glad you are a part of this crazy family. We love you, we need you.

Jennis said...

hey nice job on the winning of money for your how to entries, when you first wrote that you were doing that, i didn't quite get how you were potentially getting paid, now i get it, I went and read them and they made me laugh out loud. I love the ugly Christmas Sweater. Happy new year.